Sunday, February 10, 2013

Andre Kertesz


I chose to do this critique on Andre Kertesz because when I was going through all the different photographers we had to choose from, Kertesz work seemed to be the most similar to what I like to shoot.
There were people in almost all if not all of his pictures and that is the main subject I like to take pictures of. I normally would rather to take head shots instead of something like this picture where he is focusing on almost everything except the subjects faces. The reason I chose this picture in particular is because I want to adopt a style similar to this and not do the same things with my picture and broaden my eye as a photographer. I love that he took something so simple as people sitting on a bench crossing their legs, and turn it into an interesting picture. I really enjoyed looking at his work, I thought it was very creative in a very mellow way.

No comments:

Post a Comment