Sam Taylor Wood
Sam Taylor Wood has done a lot with levitation photography, this photograph here is so amazing to me, when I first saw it, it blew my mind because the way that I have learned to do levitation photography there is no way that you could accomplish something like this. But while researching her work, I found that she uses a harness with wires attached to the ceiling to get her models to be in the positions they are in. I love that she was able to keep the shadow of the model in the picture because I have found it very hard in the work that I have been doing to keep the shadows looking right, so I usually end up just taking them out of the picture completely. It is funny that the models that she uses usually look like dancers, and my idea was to use a yoga instructor, which they both have very similar body types, long, lean, and muscular, but not too bulky. The one thing that confuses me about her work is how she takes the harness out of the picture, because she has the harness around the models waist, so I just don't really know how she erases that from the image, because I feel like if I tried to do that, I would just erase their whole mid section.
If I ever have the opportunity to get ahold of some harneses I definitely want to play around with this idea a lot more, because I feel like there are so many things you can do with this kind of photography, I love the idea and I hope to learn more about it. Sam Taylor Wood is a great person to look at to see how to go about doing this.

No comments:
Post a Comment